Old 16-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"BAC" wrote in message

I follow a procedure which is laid down by a governmenr department
called
The Forestry Commission, if you have any problems with that
procedure

suggest instead of trying to slag people off here, you contact them

and
put your concerns to them.

You are advocating drowning, which does not appear to be advocated
by
the Forestry Commission in any of its currently applicable documents
referring to grey squirrel control.

What sensible/practical method do they now suggest is the way to

despatch
them?

If you have read the pdf document linked to my response to Kay's

message,
you will know the two methods recommended by the FC are either
administation
of a lethal blow to the head with a blunt instrument, or transportation

vet for humane destruction. No mention of drowning, in fact they

recommend
that no means of destruction other than those I've just mentioned
should
be
attempted.

I cannot see how it is possible to get close enough to kill with a blow
the head.

As you must know, if you have read the FC advice, you, kitted out with
your
gauntlets, are somehow supposed to get the squirrel out of the trap into a
hessian sack, and, once you have subdued it in the sack, are supposed to
work out where the head is and whack it with the 'blunt instrument'. If
you
find the advice impractical or incredible, I suggest you take it up with
the
FC.

I have no wish to cause myself considerable injury trying to get one of
these things out of the trap.

These things are lethal.