Old 16-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"undergroundbob" wrote in message

I'd guess cat as well. Foxes don't tend to bother with live food when
there's lots of tasty rubbish around IME...

Foxes love dead squirrels, I discovered this by accident, when I was
catching
a couple a day, I used to put them into plastic bags into the dustbin, after
a little while I thought it was a waste of plastic bags so i started to try
to collect more squirrels in each bag, one day I went to the bottom of the
garden and couldn't find one of the bags which puzzled me until I found it
some distance away, it had been carefully opened and the contents were
missing, I was a little bit concernded at first that I hadn;t properly
killed the sqirels and they had recovered and got away, it then became
fairly obvious that it was the foxes who were responsible, so I now just
throw the dead squirrels onto the ground, the next day they are gone.

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net