Old 16-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Alan Gould" wrote uk...

[...]
We would find it very stressful to fight
nature.

Interesting comment when you just said you use "organic" chemicals

control insect damage. No doubt you also use other methods like
fleece, cloches, netting etc all of which is fighting nature.
Digging, weeding, watering, pruning......is all fighting nature.

If we don't fight nature we would have no leeks (Leek Moth), no
brassicas (Flea Beatle) and no peas or beans (Pea & Bean Weevil).
Doesn't leave much. :-)

Mind you with the withdrawal of synthetic chemicals from the

private
gardener we might all have to resort to "organic" chemicals of

unknown
compounds and strength or give up growing our own food and buy
Organic (TM). Never!

Oh dear! Here we go again! Why not just ask straight out "How dare
organic gardeners wear clothes?" Let's not pretend that those on
either side of the argument are stupid. No doubt some on both sides
are, but that's irrelevant. And some of them, such as you, simply
like a good old cheerful punch-up. I suggest a new subject-line
prefix, analogous to "OT": "PUP" standing for "Punch-Up, Please".

--
Mike.