Old 17-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Travis

Ottawa wrote:
Hi all,
My wife and I are going to finally start doing some sort or form of
gardening. Aside from flowers and shrubs we decided to try growing
some cherry tomatoes in pots. We bought some plants about 8-12" in
hight and how are stuck with the now what question? Any tips on
what to do with the plans after we transplant them into larger
pots. Fertilizer etc... needed? Thanks

You should plant the tomatoes with only about 4 inches above the soil
level. Remove the leaves from the stem first. Roots will grow from the
stem under the soil and will give you a much better plant.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5