Old 05-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Ladyslipper

Harold wrote in message ...

Ladyslipper.

Cypripedium reginae............on Cape Cod these are relatively
prolific.......in the springtime one of our walks takes us thru an area

that
must contain at least a thousand of them......on one small hillock alone
there has to be in excess of 250........last year we discovered another
three around the our house.....we only have about half a dozen or so...I
say 'about' as we periodically see another seedling popping
up...........they are just left alone to do their thing. HW.

Ah, I hadn't realised you were from that side of the pond Harold.
Yes, C.reginae is a native to your country so it would grow wild there, but
it's not so easy to grow over here (UK) without providing very specific
conditions.
Even then it wasn't easy for me 'cause mine died and I can't remember ever
seeing a clump growing naturalised over here.
Someone tell me different, please, I really want to grow it, it's such a
beautiful plant.
--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.