Old 17-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:26:48 -0400, "Ken Anderson"
wrote:

Just got off the phone with a buddy who is new to gardening. He was looking
at Hungarian Wax, and Hungarian Hot at the local K-Mart, and wanted to know
what the difference was. To the best of my knowledge, they would BOTH be hot
peppers, but I don't know why they were named differently. I also told him I
thought the sweet ones that looked like Hungarians were called banana peppers.
Anyone able to help us out here? Thanks!

There are hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of varieties of
peppers. Hungarian Wax and Hot peppers may be similar,
ie, both might be wax-type peppers; or they may be two entirely
different varieties. Are there pictures on the little tag? Do the
pods look similar?

There is at least one hot banana pepper, btw; but I think most
banana peppers are sweet.

Hope that's not too confusing...

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"