Old 16-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Gill Passman

"Peter Breed" wrote in message
Try http://www.koicymru.co.uk/ for some in depth discussion of Koi
keeping in the UK.
Personally I find the whole business of koi keeping more than a little
over the top and would rather stick with comets and shubumkins, but I
guess its a matter of personal taste.

Peter

Gill Passman wrote:
Hi All,

After lurking on this group for a few months and a lot of research

elsewhere
I am almost ready to finalize the plans for our pond.

We will most likely be using pond liner due to the area to be covered

and
the fact that it won't be completely square or rectangular. The

structure
will be decking panels. I will probably need to put a grid in short-term
because of my 4 year old daughter. We are planning to keep fish in

here -
hubbie wants Koi but this is still up for debate.

The pond is going to be raised around 2-3 foot above ground level. I was
wondering if we need to dig below the surface at all as well? The

problem is
that our soakaway runs around six inches below where the end of the pond

is
going to be. Of course there is the possibility to dig deeper at the

other
end of where the pond is planned for.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful - especially on the need to dig

and if
yes how deep?

Thanks
Gill

Actually the more I read into it the more I'm inclined to agree with you....