Old 16-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 15/5/05 19:14, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

It looks like a bird cherry, prunus padus ? there are several cultivars

Yes, the general consensus seems to be this is it. David Poole emailed me
with that answer today, too. I can't understand how it's unknown to all of
us but I don't think any of us is going to rush to plant it, either!

An interesting point. There seems to be almost a divide between
'gardeners' and 'wild flower lovers'. As a wild flower person, I am
often surprised by the lack of recognition of wild flowers by gardeners,
but I imagine all you gardeners in urg are equally astonished by my lack
of knowledge of garden flowers. Prunus padus is very much on the wild
flower side of the divide, so it is very possible that it has slipped
past your attention in the past.

--
Kay