Old 17-05-2005, 03:31 AM
Doug Kanter

"JamesG" wrote in message
ups.com...
This is all just my opinion gathered from my experience. I have been
gardening a while and have never had any luck with potted tomatoes. I
would suggest finding a place to put them in the ground. I know pots
can be done but down here in Texas I think the plants get baked in the
afternoon and never do well. They grow great in the ground. If you
are new to gardening I don't want you to get discouraged by potted
tomatoes.
Good luck and have fun.
James

That's a good reason to go for a pot that looks ridiculously large when it's
empty at the store, and makes you say "Jeez...we don't need one THAT big".
Yeah...you do. It won't dry out as quickly while everyone's at work.