Old 17-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Elaine T

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
We always net fish and toss water. Lowers contamination! We do adjust
water by mixing before moving the fish and tossing the water. Our
aquaria sure don't need disease water from a pet store.

Jim

If you are going to add water to a fish bag, it's always a good idea to
add an ammonia neutralizer. That way you don't raise the pH and trigger
ammonia toxicity.

My bagged fish get transferred to a covered bowl or bucket with a couple
drops of AmQuel, and then I drip in water until the fish is in about 3/4
Q-tank water. Finally, I net the fish out of the container so that I
don't add store water to the Q-tank.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__