Old 17-05-2005, 06:47 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:53:56 -0500, Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

We always net fish and toss water. Lowers contamination! We do adjust
water by mixing before moving the fish and tossing the water. Our
aquaria sure don't need disease water from a pet store.

Jim

Mixing is fine, if the fish is purchased locally. If not, if the fish has
been bagged longer than an hour, the water in the bag is loaded with
ammonia that is non-toxic because the pH is very low, due to the Carbon
Dioxide. You add water with a higher pH and the ammonia is now toxic to the
fish. The longer the fish has been bagged the worst this can be. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a