Old 17-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

solaara wrote:
my hydrangea has not flowered this year or last..two years ago i
removed the top third compost and replaced with new compost...what is
wrong?

Please note that I know nothing about hydrangeas (other than I have three in
the back garden), but the change of soil (why did you find it necessary to
do so?) could be the issue. Some plants like to be starved of nutrients to
produce flowers, otherwise all the extra energy is pushed into producing new
growth.

Sarah

Please note that this message was posted by someone who has gleaned all her
gardening knowledge from /Gardener's World/ and should be checked with a
reputable source before implementing any advice or suggestions given herein.