Old 17-05-2005, 02:34 PM
D Russell

Joyce of Pendle wrote:

A pair of blackbirds abandoned their nest in my garden during this
week's cold spell. Are they likely to come back to it? (I still see
them in the garden.) Should I remove the eggs?

Joyce of Pendle.

Isn't there a law protecting the eggs and nests of all wild birds in the
UK ? A law which I believe doesn't really allow you to do anything even if
it is perceived to be in the best interests of the nest, without some form
of authorisation or an authorised person.

Duncan

p.s. Having said that of course it didn't stop a local garden centre
applying for permission to destroy a robins nest because there was a risk
it, or it's chicks might fly over the cafe area and cause problems with the
food
We try not to shop in that GC anymore, dumb stupid people.