Old 07-02-2003, 05:22 PM
BAC

Default birds

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

If you want the kind of fatball that has seeds in it, you can melt

the
suet in the oven and when the fat is cooling but still runny, mix in
seeds and set it in a large yoghurt pot.

As a variant on the above, I've set the fat/seed mixture in half coconut
shells, which look quite 'rustic' hung up in the garden, with fat etc
inside.

If you originally made a hole in the coconut's "eye" to drain the milk
out, remember to plug it before pouring in the fat mixture :-)

Sound advice (although I usually do this with the 'other end' of the shell).
I also drill a small hole near the 'rim' and knot some string through it
before pouring in the mixture, so it's easy to hang up.