Old 17-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Alan R Williams

Dave Poole wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:22:51 +0100, danthemen wrote:

I hate to ask you all, but this will be an excellent test for your
knowledge

Oh I don't think so. We already know the answer. Patently you don't
and our knowledge, gained by hands-on experience over many years is
not being questioned. Try learning the way most of us did - by
getting dirty hands and learning from mistakes.

He could try google. It brings up lots of hits for daylilies and their
care. Many university departments have detection software to stop that
kind of "help" though.

[snip]

and one of these is the Hemerocallis 'Chicago Sunrise'.
Because this is a perennial, general maintenance for
perennials could be applied I suppose (a perennial that
grows 2.1m tall).....

Oh really? 2.1m high eh? Here's a little hint - 'Chicago Sunrise'
barely reaches 1m. high at flowering.

Do any hemerocallis get much above 1m? Perhaps someone's crossed them
with cardiocrinum :-)

Until then, this small favour would be most appreciated,
as I am swimming in a hundred and one other assignments at present and
am struggling to complete them all.

Well, college life sucks occasionally. Try working a bit harder do
some prioritisation.

If he really is overwhelmed then he should see his tutor ASAP. They
should be able to help him prioritize. It can only get more hectic as
the end of (university) year approaches.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November