Old 17-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
I have just dug over an old greenhouse which has been full of nettles and
bindweed for years[1] and I found a weird plant, certainly not one I have
ever seen before, it's very small leaves were green on top and really deep
purple underneath, it was a creeping plant and I had dragged it up out of
the ground before I saw it, it certainly didn't look like a weed....the
leaves were like a clover, split into 3 heart shaped things and coloured as
mentioned above...my qustions are, obviously what is it? and how did it get
into an overgrown greenhouse which hasn't seen any activity in over 5 years?

Oxalis?

[1]
I've binbagged all the nettle tops and bindweed tops and disposed of the
roots, can these tops be left to rot down in the bag? - I heard 'nettle
manure' left to rot like this makes good fertilizer next year...the nettles
were in full seed, so I don't want to add them to my compost heap.

Worry more about the oxalis ;-)
--
Kay