Old 17-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Sla#s

"pied piper" wrote in message

"andrewfmuir" wrote in message

Hi there, I have a broken start cord and looking at the cover to the
starter pulley it looks to be rivetted on. If this is the case I guess
I will have to drill these out to get into the pulley and fix the rope
back on. Anyone done this on a B&G and confirm I need to go in through
the rivets?
Many thanks

Which HP?
Some B&S start ropes can be re-fitted by winding the spring pully up all the
way then backing it off to when the hole in the pully lines up with the
outer hole. Lock it there (I use long nose mole grips) and use a bit of thin
wire (vine wire) to poke through and attach the rope to it and gently pull
it through and tie the figure of eight knot.

Slatts