Old 17-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Steveo

Rolling Thunder wrote:
On 16 May 2005 08:50:41 -0700, wrote:

As you've found out, trying to get rid of them by digging them out
isn't very effective, not to mention a pain to do. They can have
roots a couple of feet deep and unless you get most of it, they come
back. I'd go with spot treatment with a broadleaf weed killer, like
weed b gone. Use a small tank sprayer which will allow you to deliver
it right to the target, meaning you will use very little herbicide.
Once you get rid of them, in a thick healthy lawn, you should only have
a small amount in the future, which you can deal with the same way.

I'd also suggest testing the ph factor. You likely need to lay down
some lime which will also benefit the grass while making it more
difficult for the weeds.

Thunder

Great advice for acidic weeds like oxalis.