Old 17-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Frank Logullo

"Nate" wrote in message news:mZtie.2165$WG.1392@attbi_s22...
I am growing two tomato plants in large pots on my patio. I got one Green
Zebra and one Purple Cherokee. Both say they need full sun. On my patio
they get sun from about 11 AM till about 6 pm. I bought Miracle Grow

Potting
Mix. (this one: http://tinyurl.com/dovco)

Deer and shade have driven me to planting tomatoes in pots on deck. My sun
time is similar to yours and I get lots of tomatoes. I would not add any of
the stuff you mentioned but I do need to add a couple of handfulls of
limestone to prevent blossom end rot. Last year I made the mistake of
adding fertilizer too early and nearly killed the plants - best to wait
until they have some growth. Water needs to be more frequent than if they
were in the ground. Not familar with what you planted but I plant Big Boys.
Pots are 20 inch across top.
Frank