Old 18-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Farm1

"pete" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

I suspect that in terms of fertility it isn't much use (chook or cow

being
better) but in terms of soil amendment for friability I think it's

wonderful

Well I'm finding that it works pretty well on soil that without it would
grow nothing, though maybe that same soil would be fertile to a degree
if it wasn't saline ... which sort of proves your statement above about
friability and mine earlier about texture ...which no doubt if we tried
hard enough we could prove are the same thing :-) ....

Prolly :-))

I always thought hoss poo was lacking in Nitrogen but lately I've been
thinking that it has enough for it to be considered a good all round
fertiliser if its incorporated with enough soil to allow the growth of
beneficial bacteria, fungi and insects to break it down sufficiently to
"allow" it to release those nutrients for plants to use when they need
it.

I like to use it with the odd sprinkle of Dynamic Lifter added now and then.
I also add the odd bit of cow manure when I can be bothered to go out with
my wheelbarrow (whcih is when it isn't stinking hot)

I've come to like dynamic Lifter a lot as it really seems to give the plants
a bit of a kick along but I don't use much of it. I do tend to use a bit of
liquid "Black jack" and the odd bit of seaweed emulsion but both of these
tend to be as and when I remember them rather than as a regular thing.

Do you mean another quandong plant? But no, I didn't know that they

needed
to be planted near anything.

They do well with lower growing stuff ... native grasses or low shrubs,
they actually feed from the roots of the host plant.

This link may be useful http://farrer.riv.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/s-acu.html

Most interesting - thanks for the link. I'd love to get some so may try
with some fo the rare palant nurseries this winter.

Ya see how edumacational this group is?

I've always known that :-))