Old 18-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Farm1

"pete" wrote in message

I was searching for Quandong stuff and got sidetracked and found this
site which deals with mycorrhiza fungi.

I knew I was on the right path with the soil Structure thing but I had
no idea of the proper names for what was happening.

Most interesting. I do know however that mushroom fungi has a nasty effect
on grass leaving the spot where the fungi is as bear as a badgers bum.

I have huge fairy rings in our "lawn" and even when the rest of the grass is
lush in spring, I can see where the fariy rings are (I'm not going to do
anything about it though because I can have a meal of lovely fresh mushrooms
just from wandering round the lawn)