Old 18-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Travis

Nate wrote:
I am growing two tomato plants in large pots on my patio. I got one
Green Zebra and one Purple Cherokee. Both say they need full sun.
On my patio they get sun from about 11 AM till about 6 pm. I bought
Miracle Grow Potting Mix. (this one: http://tinyurl.com/dovco)

I put the plants in the pots and my Fiancée started putting used
coffee grounds and used herbal tea bags on top of the potting mix.
She says her grandmother swears by it. I never heard of this. Any
thoughts? I also was reading posts on the web about putting whole
bananas or just the peels on the posts too. We have had the plants
in the pots about 1 week. Should I add peels or whole bananas now
or is it too late? I have never heard of putting banana in either.

I have noticed both plants have a couple leaves each that have ends
curled up and brown. But only one or two leaves on each plant and
they are the leaves that look closest to the soil/coffee
grounds/tea bags.
She also made a water/dish soap mixture up and put some on the
plants a few days ago. She said it keeps harmful bugs away.

Any suggestions to ensure best production of tomatoes?

As a side note although I like ripe tomatoes, I LOVE fried green
tomatoes. I used to drive my mom crazy picking her biggest green
tomatoes and requesting she fry them up.

I'd love to get a lot of big tomatoes out of these two plants. So I
can **** off my fiancée picking a lot green..

Any help is appreciated.

Troll somewhere else Nate.

USDA Zone 8