Old 18-05-2005, 05:38 AM
Richard Tanzer

"Snooze" wrote in
:

"~Roy~" wrote in message
I know its not that time of year but the other day I was in the pool
supply store getting some supplies for thre hot tub, and they had a
big display of a silver blue translucent bubble wrap looing material.

We used to have a similar blue bubble wrap type pool cover on our
pool. It looked something like this:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix...oolCover-m.jpg

I wouldn't try it in my climate, central Wisconsin. Snow would accumulate
on the bubble wrap and defeat its purpose. Once there is about 6" - 8" of
ice plus some snow, that provides a fairly good insulator. I use a heater
to maintain a hole in the ice and a bubbler for air exchange.