Old 18-05-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Question/Recommendation For Small Evergreen

I'm looking to plant an evergreen by my front steps. The space is 3' by
4' and is surrounded by cement sidewalk on two sides and a chimney on
one side. I'd like to get something that I can prune, and it's a plus
if it doesn't grow fast. In any case, I don't want the tree going much
higher than six feet. Two trees that I am considering are an Alberta
Spruce and Arborvitae. Can either or both be pruned? I appreciate any
advice and recommendations. Thanks in advance.