Old 18-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Elphaba

Default Newbie Paranoia or Black Spot? (0/4)

Hi everyone.

I'm extremely new to roses. I bought a Hybrid Tea BlueGirl on Sunday
from the local Home Depot. It was in bad need of pruning and
deadheading. I took care of that, planted it, gave it a gallon of
water. It's been looking real good, transplant shock considered.
However I noticed some splotches on some leaves which I would presume
to be normal spotting on other plants. I've attached photos of the
leaves. Am I being paranoid or is that the beginning of black spot?

I also have a bad ant problem on my condo property, so I did some
pre-emptive spraying early this morning as I do not want aphids on my
roses (or other flowers for that matter.) Hence the liquid on the
leaves.

Any tips or information from more experienced gardeners would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

- Elphaba