Old 18-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Ford Prefect

I've had major PC problems just recently so only just checked in
today, thanks to all who replied looks like I've missed most of them
(the main ones I've got are about chocolate cake?!) amazing what you
miss when your off line for a week or so :0)
Yes I am annoyed at the loss of the plants and having to do the
running round with regards to compensation from the post office but as
to chasing the nursery with legal threats (I know I probably should
but I'm not confident on the phone) In a way I was more sad at the
thought of the plants I had ordered slowly drying out in some dusty
sorting office or ending up with someone who hadn't a clue how to look
after them, also it was a couple of months ago. I only wanted to see
if anyone else had had similar problems.
As to the seller giving a refund/replacement I work in retail and we
do it as a matter of course just to keep our customer loyally
(sometimes IMHO I think we shouldn't but we do).
On the subject of the other nursery poaching my custom they already
had it and they only sell a limited amount of the plants I had ordered
from RP (Arisaema if anyone is interested).
Sorry if I caused major ripples in the group.
Ford.

On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:30:31 +0100, "pammyT"
wrote:

"Ford Prefect" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

For a start what they told you is wrong. Distance selling regulations state
that the onuis is on the seller to ensre the item arrives with the customer
and make a claim if it doesn't. You are entitled by law to a refund or
another lot of plants. Contact them again and remond them of their legal
obligations and mention trading standards.