Old 18-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Holly in France

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:44:00 +0100, Duncan Heenan wrote:

"JohnOGroats" wrote in message

The price of wheelbarrows varies enormously but Argos/Index was selling
a 60 litre barrow for £20 and homebase/B&Q were selling a 80 litre
flatpack barrow for £15 (OK it was flatpack).

Can anyone confirm if it was B&Q or Homebase? Have you seen a better
offer. Up here in Caithness it will have to be from one of the big
stores next trip to Inverness.

--
JohnOGroats

I can't answer that, but personally I've always bought and used builders
barrows from Builders Merchants. They're a bit more expensive, but much more
robust, and so last longer and can be used for all sorts of work, including
really heavy stuff.

I agree, builders barrows are marvellous for gardening, unless one happens
to be married to a builder! They tend, along with good black plastic
buckets, to get 'borrowed'. We have four and I can never find one when I
want one! Chris B is right about the pneumatic tyres, these make a huge
difference. A good big plastic barrow with a proper tyre would be the best
combination IMO.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday home in Dordogne