Old 18-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Set Square

Ed wrote:

Just bought a new hose, but the thread on the tap connection is
slightly different to the thread on my outdoor tap, so it sprays
everywhere.

I don't quite understand. The thread is unlikely to be *slightly*
different - unless one is of foreign origin - it will either be the same or
completely different.

If completely different, it won't screw on at all.

If the same, it may possibly not screw on far enough - allowing water to
leak through the threads. If this is the case, use a thicker (or additional)
rubber washer inside the fitting.

If I'm missing the point, upload a photo somewhere and post a reference to
it here.
--
Cheers,
Set Square