Old 18-05-2005, 12:50 PM
pammyT

Martin Brown wrote:
Tone wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 07:06:52 +0100, MM wrote:

I recall bacon being allowed. But what about salami? I have some,
but the texture is not to my liking. I could cut it up and throw it
out for the birds (which are numerous here).

If they dont like it they wont eat it, its quite simple.

That isn't always a safe assumption. ISTR high salt content foods can
be dangerous to some birds (as apparently are avocadoes).

Regards,
Martin Brown

my sister once managed to kill all her chickens by feeding them avocados as
a 'treat' one afternoon. She woke up next day, opened the henhouse to find
them all dead :0(
I once had a young dog nearly die after raiding the bin and chewing an
avocado stone.

--
purebred poultry
www.geocities.com/fenlandfowl