Old 18-05-2005, 02:47 PM
shazzbat

"Holly in France" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:44:00 +0100, Duncan Heenan wrote:

"JohnOGroats" wrote in message

The price of wheelbarrows varies enormously but Argos/Index was selling
a 60 litre barrow for £20 and homebase/B&Q were selling a 80 litre
flatpack barrow for £15 (OK it was flatpack).

Can anyone confirm if it was B&Q or Homebase? Have you seen a better
offer. Up here in Caithness it will have to be from one of the big
stores next trip to Inverness.

--
JohnOGroats

I can't answer that, but personally I've always bought and used builders
barrows from Builders Merchants. They're a bit more expensive, but much

more
robust, and so last longer and can be used for all sorts of work,

including
really heavy stuff.

I've always used builders barrows from skips. When a builders wheelbarrow
gets a puncture, they tend to throw it in the skip and get a new barrow, the
boss is paying. I take them out of the skip, take them home, fix the
puncture (ok, that's one of the things I do anyway so I have an advantage)
and there you go. I've got one on the allotment and one at home for the
garden, although that one is kind of interesting because I think they backed
their van into it and it's sort of twisted.

Steve