Old 18-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Its means a minimum six hours of unobscured direct sunlight. No shade
what-so-ever.

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "\"Fragile Warrior\" Volfie"
wrote:

Does that mean sun for every second the sun is up or does it mean a
minimum
amount of sunlight hours?

It means a minimum of six hours sunlight.

I just bought a nice Dropmore Scarlett Honeysuckle vine and I want to
make
sure I'm planting it in the best spot I can find. If I put it near my
patio
(where I would like it to grow on the railings so I can see the
hummingbirds
visit) it will get sun for about 10 or 11 hours a day but shade will fall
over it around 6pm until sundown. Is that adequate for optimum growth?

Yes.

Yesterday a hummingbird hummed around my head then cruised slowly down the
sideewalk checking out the ninebark blossoms & rhododendrons. We only have
one kind of hummingbird in my zone & this one was smaller & merely brown
so a little surprising; I presume it was a youngster. But it was quite
startling because for a moment I thought I was being divebombed by a giant
moth.

I once saw a not-too-bright hummingbird try to get nectar from cattail
fluff, back up, then try again.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he