Old 18-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Travis

paghat wrote:
In article , "\"Fragile Warrior\"
Volfie" wrote:

Does that mean sun for every second the sun is up or does it mean
a minimum amount of sunlight hours?

It means a minimum of six hours sunlight.

I just bought a nice Dropmore Scarlett Honeysuckle vine and I want
to make sure I'm planting it in the best spot I can find. If I
put it near my patio (where I would like it to grow on the
railings so I can see the hummingbirds visit) it will get sun for
about 10 or 11 hours a day but shade will fall over it around 6pm
until sundown. Is that adequate for optimum growth?

Yes.

Yesterday a hummingbird hummed around my head then cruised slowly
down the sideewalk checking out the ninebark blossoms &
rhododendrons. We only have one kind of hummingbird in my zone &
this one was smaller & merely brown so a little surprising; I
presume it was a youngster. But it was quite startling because for
a moment I thought I was being divebombed by a giant moth.

I once saw a not-too-bright hummingbird try to get nectar from
cattail fluff, back up, then try again.

-paghat the ratgirl

We have 2 where I live.

http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/species.asp?id=265