Old 18-05-2005, 05:01 PM

On 2005-05-17, Susan Hogarth wrote:
Another possibility for an outbuilding:

http://www.strombergschickens.com/st...late_index.htm

they can be used to construct an animal shed, carport, greenhouse, or
even a dwelling:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/top_a...ate_Connection

My husband just ordered a set of the connectors, so I will be able to
give some feedback on how it comes out (hopefully soon

- Susan

Those have been around for quite a long time. I considered using them
25 years ago, but decided on a more conventional 12x20 building. I
wanted a large loft for storage so I made 8 foot walls and put a gambrel
roof on top. I prefabbed the roof by laying out the 2x4 on my driveway
and calculating the angles. I used regular pieces of 6x15 plywood as
the gusset plates. The prefabed "trusses" came to about 5.5 feet tall
and would support my weight without flexing. I later made a smaller
"barn" with 4 foot walls and a gambrel roof that made the center height
of it about 8 feet tall. I have only stored bicycles, mowers and
tillers in it. It would not work as a workshop as you would bump your
head if you were within a foot and a half of the walls.

is a garbage address.