Old 18-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Harold Walker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

....how long have they been imported this way in the
UK...

At least six years if not longer. They started as a speciality but
demand quickly spread, and every supermarket has them now.

Last winter, I spotted a new one to me in the supermarket... a couple
of feet of brussels-sprout stalk, neatly trimmed at both ends, with
sprouts still attached all the way along :-)

Janet.

No doubt ere too long will see them over here as well...a couple of years
back I saw two well dressed folk in one of our local supermarkets...they
were employees of Saibsburies....I chided them with coming over here to pick
our brains (or lack of them)...the local supermarket manager answered saying
it was just their turn to come over here ... H