Old 18-05-2005, 07:42 PM
shazzbat

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
Has for three consecutive years nested in a
platform/hollow in one of our beech trees. Possible to see from the ground
but only that she was nesting~ no details.
During the winter we built an elaborate hide in a neighbouring
beech looking right down onto the site. Complete with ladder [on the
blind~side], binoculars, sleeping bag and video camera etc. Just as, I
suppose, I really expected she didn't return this year.
After waiting long enough we went to recover the contents only to
find she had nested in the hide with two owlets on the sleeping bag!!.

Location location location :-))

You reminded me of a friend some years ago who had a cat which used to do
its hours of contemplation perched on a fence panel. She persuaded her dad
that the cat would be grateful if he were to make it a bit more comfortable
for pussy. So reluctantly he got the tools out and fixed a foot square
plywood platform to the top of the panel exactly where the cat spent its
time.

The cat moved to the next fence panel.

Steve