Old 18-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sla#s
writes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
How do you keep a met post straight as you wallop it into the ground so
that when you put a six foot 4x4 post into it the post will be straight?

I have a tool they used to sell for the job.
It was a 1 foot square section a bit smaller than the post that had a 1
foot rod going through it horizontally near the top and a steel cap over to
hit. You could put a bigger tube over the rod and guide it down as you hit
it. Worked great.

Just found a URL for new version £5.08

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=323664

Slatts

I've got one of them, I thought it was for protecting the metpost top.
Didn't realise it would keep things straight as well.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I feel a bit more encouraged and
will DEFINITELY start the project after I've carried the 50 bags of
manure and the final five scaffolding planks and 22 barrows of gravel up
the back of our garden to finish off the deep beds.............

Thanks to all

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy