Old 18-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:05:32 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

How do you keep a met post straight as you wallop it into the ground
so that when you put a six foot 4x4 post into it the post will be
straight?

Like everyone else has said with difficulty. I found the best way was
to start it off, then fit the post and wallop the top of that,
checking every other wallop. You may need to protect the top and
bottom of the post somehow.

Oh I did that with the replacement gateposts but these posts will be too
high for me to reach on top of my normal ladder, as I need a bit of
extra height to swing the Swedish maul that I use.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph