Old 18-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from
(Nick Maclaren) contains these words:

If ever I come to Cambridge, or you are near Norwich, I could spare half
a kilo or so of frozen Scotch Bonnets...

Thanks very much. Do they taste any better than habaneros, which
I don't like much? I grow Thai dragon, which has a good flavour.
I am trying lemon drop for amusement.

I don't know what the flavour's like, they're so hot that by the time
you get round to thinking about flavour, it's long gone.

Hmm. Not in my experience, but I do quite like hot chillis.

We used to mill them to powder. First they were frozen in liquid
nitrogen, then they were passed through the mill.

During this operation, everyone in the factory had to wear respirators,
and even then some of the oil particles got in your eyes.

And it was quite a large factory...

I was thinking about making some chilli vodka with some of them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/