Old 18-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Sacha

On 18/5/05 7:16 pm, in article ,
"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote:

Has for three consecutive years nested in a
platform/hollow in one of our beech trees. Possible to see from the ground
but only that she was nesting~ no details.
During the winter we built an elaborate hide in a neighbouring
beech looking right down onto the site. Complete with ladder [on the
blind~side], binoculars, sleeping bag and video camera etc. Just as, I
suppose, I really expected she didn't return this year.
After waiting long enough we went to recover the contents only to
find she had nested in the hide with two owlets on the sleeping bag!!. I
can't win.
Best Wishes Brian.

I didn't know till today that they are not found in Ireland.

You lucky, lucky people! What a truly charming story! I do hope you've
given them a primus stove and some tins of sausages. ;-))
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)