Old 18-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Sacha

On 18/5/05 8:11 pm, in article , "Miss
Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 17/5/05 6:54, in article
, "Miss Perspicacia
Tick" wrote:

solaara wrote:
my hydrangea has not flowered this year or last..two years ago i
removed the top third compost and replaced with new compost...what
is wrong?

Please note that I know nothing about hydrangeas (other than I have
three in the back garden), but the change of soil (why did you find
it necessary to do so?) could be the issue.

snip
I haven't seen the original post but if Solaara cut her hydrangea
back that might account for it. Most (not all) hydrangeas flower on
last year's growth. To tidy up a hydrangea, you should only cut a
few stems out each year if you want it to flower. Or, if you really
do need to cut it back hard for some reason, accept you probably
won't get flowers that year.

That's a point, Sacha, I'd not thought of that. I bow to your superior
knowledge... ;o)

Nice of you but unnecessary! Like everyone else, I learn by my errors and
the knowledge of others. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)