Old 18-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Sacha

On 18/5/05 2:56 pm, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

....how long have they been imported this way in the
UK...

At least six years if not longer. They started as a speciality but
demand quickly spread, and every supermarket has them now.

They've been around at least 8 or 9 years to my knowledge.

Last winter, I spotted a new one to me in the supermarket... a couple
of feet of brussels-sprout stalk, neatly trimmed at both ends, with
sprouts still attached all the way along :-)

Same here - never seen those until a year ago.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk