Old 07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default OT Red squirrel

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Sorry if you're seeing this again..I posted about this yesterday

but it
hasn't appeared.

We had a red squirrel on and in the birdfeeder yesterday (no grey

ones
here on Arran). The BF he was investigating contained a large lump

of
suet and some black sunflower seeds; unluckily I had to go out so

hadn't
time to see which he was after...does anyone know? Perhaps he hadn't
noticed several peanut feeders nearby :-)

Janet.

Hi Janet,

That's really interesting. We have a lot of red squirrels here and
also put out loads of bird food including peanuts and black sunflower
seeds. I've never seen one of the squirrels anywhere near the bird
food and they are not shy! They just take all our hazelnuts and
walnuts instead. Hope life is good after the move.

Regards
Iris