Old 19-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:14:15 +0000, Eyebright
wrote:

Richard Sherratt Wrote:
Melbourne.
have reached about 1.4M tall.
Is it time/long overdue to remove the stakes?

--
Regards.
Richard.

best to remove the stakes as soon as possible...within 2 years of
planting...otherwise the highest point of the tie...the tree thinks
thats the ground and makes thickened wood accordingly.....

also with Magnolia...if a straight vigourous shoot emerges at ground
level remove it.....it detracts from the natural shape....
also never root prune Magnolia...

also Magnolia are not pollinated by bees coz bees where not invented
when Magnolia first colonised the world ...they are Jurassic .

OK. Thanks.

BTW, is my sig sep broken (see above)? I keep seeing my sig in replies
these days.

--
Regards.
Richard.