Old 19-05-2005, 09:28 AM
BAC

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

snip

Who is this 'us'? As far as I am aware, you are virtually alone in the
regular deliberate drowning of grey squirrels. Other people who trap

grey
squirrels, presumably, manage to deal with them in a humane manner in
spite
of your suggestion it is impossible to do so. I've already posted the
Forestry Commission Technical Advice Note which includes a description

of
removing the squirrel for bashing over the head - not for shooting. FC

do
not recommend shooting either in or out of the trap.

I'm afraid I don't recall you giving a detailed decription as to how to
remove the squirrel from the trap.

As I'm a very simple man and cannot understand complicated manuscripts
please
do not refer me to a source where the text is more than a few words long.

I'm sure at some time you have mentioned shooting squirrels in the trap.

I'd imagine other people would shoot the creature in the trap.

If you were genuinely concerned about the practicalities of a more

humane
form of disposal, you could contact the RSPCA, your friends at the FC,

the
bloke who sold you the traps (to see whether he now offers different
advice)
the advice line of your local council's pest control department, or

DEFRA,
perhaps, for expert guidance.

When I'm next in Bridgewater I will go to the farm suppliers and ask them,
if I can remember to do that, the brain is very poor at the moment.

Evidently.