Old 19-05-2005, 10:07 AM
BAC

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

snip

Up in the north west, where the conservation bodies are concerned about
the
spread of grey squirrels into red squirrel territory, they will supply
householders with live traps (so any red squirrels caught may be

released)
and they advise householders not to try and shoot the grey squirrels in
the
cages themselves, but to contact the squirrel project people, who send
round
an expert to kill the squirrel, either by shooting or by lethal

injection.
So I'd imagine it is possible for people with the necessary skill and
experience.

Interesting, how do I contact the squirrel project people and will they

come
to dispatch squirrels caught by me?

If you telephone your local Wildlife Trust, they will probably be able to
let you know whether any such project and/or assistance is available in your
area, and, if so, who to contact. Similarly, the pest control section of
your local council might also be able to advise you.