Old 19-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Victoria Clare

Jupiter wrote in
news
On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:49 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Janet's Metpost thread reminded me that I really need to put a couple
of gateposts in myself. Thought I'd start a new thread for it rather
than hijacking hers.

My soil is even more stony than Janet's

I'd be thinking about concrete posts in that situation. They don't
need to be set as deep - you can make the holes wide rather than deep
and the stones and rock join with the concrete you use for the post
base.

Oh, that's an intriguing idea - very cunning!

I really only need two posts though, which seems like rather a small job to
get a fencing contractor in for. They are for a gateway in an informal
hedge to which I need to fit a decent height gate - 6 foot or so.

Can you buy concrete posts and get them delivered? Would they be portable
by only 2 people?

Victoria