Old 19-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
Nick Maclaren wrote:
[...]
There was also some sort of measuring implement that defeated the
Whipple Museum, and I mean to send to the National Maritime

Museum
to see if they have a clue what it is. My father in law couldn't
remember.

Come on! You don't expect us to take that lying down, do you?
Description, please.

A Bakelite (I think) tube about 6" long and 1/2" diameter with
a cap that pulls off to release two steel rods. Those fit through
holes in the tube (at right angles). He was a marine engineer,
so it could have been a device for measuring the wear on engine
cylinders. Or something.

Actually, I find I do feel like a nice lie-down.

--
Mike.