Old 07-02-2003, 04:55 PM
PaulK

Default Best plant for low clipped hedge pls.

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
in article , John Towill at
wrote on 7/2/03 2:55 pm:

I am thinking of replacing an internal fence with a low clipped hedge.

would like it to look very neat (if I can hone my clipping skills

:-(( )
and compact. When I write low I mean 1822 to 2 ', sorry young 'uns

45-60mm..
Any suggestions of what plant would be best please.
TIA

Box looks good kept clipped and formal. Nandina domestica makes a lovely
low-growing hedge but you probably wouldn't find it neat looking enough.

B.sempervirens not the dwarf form whose name I can never spell but which is
FAR too slow.

pk