Old 19-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Sunflower

"Renee" wrote in message
I posted a photo of the problem I'm having with some of my rose bushes at
http://photofan.multiply.com/photos/photo/13/1.jpg

It's going to be a couple of days before I can get a sample over to my
local nursery so I thought I'd ask here first.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Do I need to treat it with
something?

The other day I noticed some tiny white specs on some of the leaves and
buds. I had a rose insecticide spray handy that I'd had for quite some
time, so I shook it up and used it to spray the bushes. Could old
insecticide have caused this? Could spraying in too hot Florida weather
have caused this?

I spray regularly with fungicide and it doesn't look like black spot.

Thanks in advance for your help

Renee

Spray burn. It's probably from the old insecticide. Any sprays that you
use should be freshly mixed, and mix only the amount you can use in one
spraying. Roses should be well watered before spraying, and you should
spray only in the early morning hours when it's as cool as it's going to be.
Sprays that use oil derivatives (some insecticides and some fungicides)
should not be sprayed when temps are going to be above 86°.