Old 19-05-2005, 04:12 PM
newsb

In article , Mike
writes
I am shocked and disgusted that someone of
your age and capability of remembering can have the same feelings.

And I should imagine many more of 'your followers' and co owners will be
shocked as well.

What do you do when the Poppy Sellers approach you? Cross over on the other
side of the street?

and do you turn the TV off at the Remembrance Service at the Royal Albert
Hall? And the Sunday at the Cenotaph? All those who served in the war and
remember their old comrades? Turn your cheek?

I know I shouldn't break the habit of ignoring your many more rampant
posts...
....however, just to be helpful, you ought to realise that no-one here
has even hinted that the sacrifices made by many in ww2 are not immense
and important.

You have apprently taken extreme offence to someone making a joke
(which, the last time I looked was compatible with a free society).
Worse, you have then jumped with leaden boots straight to the conclusion
that anyone that disagrees with you - whether the posts you make, or
your style - is disrespectful of veterans.

Only someone that is far too close to looking for offence to back up
some sort of victimization complex could draw such conclusions.

You seem to be trying to imply that if someone disagrees with you, they
are disgusting, ungrateful varmints because they don't appreciate the
sacrifices made by others. Vermin, even. However, usenet is not your
back garden and does not have any intelligent ultrasonic devices.

Appearances can be deceptive, but the perception is that you *seem* to
be trading on an interminably trumpeted association with military
reunions to achieve glory by association. I have bad news for you. Your
tirades against many group readers do not compare favorably with the
Dunquerque spirit and backs to the wall bravery that you seem to think
they do.

By the way, I seem to recall that "turning your cheek"(as quoted above)
has some rather positive associations. Not what you meant, I suspect.
But there could be a lesson in there for you.

--
regards andyw